Tuesday, January 03, 2006

To Resolution or NOT to Resolution

Now that is the question. I do find myself evaluating things at the start of a new year but making resolutions is almost a joke these days. Everyone (including you) thinks you'll break them; the question is just how soon. So, does that mean, I don't make resolutions. Well, kinda.

This time of year, I do try to spend some time thinking about what I want to change or improve in my life. I find that I'm more reflective than normal this year because before the end of 2006 I'll be hitting a milestone birthday - one of those BIG ones.

So, in 2006, I intend to:
  • Move More & Eat Healthier: I hope to be a smaller and healthier version of myself by the time that milestone birthday rolls around in October!
  • Practice Patience: Lately I find that I have a very short fuse. Why? Well, I think it could have to do with too much to do, not enough time to do it, a strong-willed 9 year old, having a teenager, lack of exercise, approaching menopause, too much clutter, and probably at least a dozen other things. Regardless of why, it's time that I find ways to react less and enjoy more.
  • Organize & Simplify: It's time to weed out all the stuff we seem to have collected and give ourselves room to live in the space we have.
That's the list. I'm sure there are a lot of other things I could and should do but honestly if I can accomplish these three I will be thrilled!

What are your goals, hopes, resolutions (whatever you call them) for 2006?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't made any resolutions in years - but like you my goal is to put my health first and try not to stress out too much and just enjoy my life....we all have so much to be thankful for...As far as organizing, well.....you know where to find me....haha.