Sunday, July 06, 2008

I Can't Believe It's July Already!!

And, this is the first post I've made this year - YIKES!! No excuses really other than I just haven't made the time to do it. I'm not going to try to catch up on everything that's been going on in our lives this year in detail but here's the condensed version:
  • Paul continues to work at a job that lets him play with remote control airplanes. Pretty cool - our nephew thinks so and recently told someone that he might do what Uncle Paul does when he grows up. Brewing (and drinking) beer is still one of Paul's passions.
  • I enjoyed my first year of teaching computers at Hannah's school but it definitely consumed a lot of my time ... and still is. Lucky for me that I love computers! I'm still taking a lot of pictures for the school and the ballet school and some just for me.
  • Emily finished her sophomore year of high school and this year was in the spring musical at the school. She still loves to sing. This summer she plans to get her permit - MAJOR YIKES!
  • Hannah finished her first year of middle school and seems to have adjusted well. She continues to love ballet and other types of dance and takes multiple lessons a week. In addition, Hannah is taking guitar lessons and will attend DayJams again this summer playing guitar in a band.
Paul & I recently celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary which seems like nothing compared to his parents. This past week we, along with all of Paul's brothers & sisters and their families and other relatives and friends, went to Vegas to celebrate Paul's parents' 50th wedding anniversary!! I can't imagine 50 years ... man I'll be old when we get there. HA! We spent a lot of time at the pool at the Flamingo with the kids, went to the indoor amusement park at Circus Circus one day with all the kids, shared a wonderful evening in celebration of Tom & Lillian's 50th and went to see Mamma Mia - oh and some people gambled a little but I didn't. Here are a few pictures from our adventures in Vegas:

Cousins in the pool at the Flamingo
That's Emily & Hannah on the roller coaster at Circus Circus!
Hannah getting ready for the party
Emily spent much of the weekend with her younger cousins attached to her somehow!
Cousins at the party
Another generation of cousins at the party!
Happy 50th Anniversary to Paul's Parents!!

No comments: